This Texas SPAN Data Explorer provides state-level representative data on school children from the 5 data collection periods ranging from 2000-2002 to 2019-2020.
The overall goal of Texas SPAN is to measure the health of school-aged children in Texas, including nutritional status, activity levels, oral health, and other related behaviors.
The Texas SPAN Project was conducted by researchers at the Michael & Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living at The University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston (UTHealth) School of Public Health in Austin, with funding from the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
Texas students and their parents surveyed by year:
- 2000-2002:   4th, 8th and 11th graders
- 2004-2005:   4th, 8th and 11th graders
- 2009-2011:   4th graders and their parents; 8th and 11th graders
- 2015-2016:   2nd graders and their parents; 4th, 8th and 11th graders
- 2019-2020:   2nd graders and their parents; 4th, 8th and 11th graders
For more information, visit: go.uth.edu/SPAN